Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Sword is Sharpened



Dreams from the LORD 2003-2006
20 February 2005

Ezekiel Chapter 21.

Ezekiel 21: 27: “I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no more, until he come whose right it is; and I will give it him.”

Ezekiel 21: 3-5: “And say to the land of Israel: Thus saith the Lord; Behold, I am against thee, and will draw forth my sword out of his sheath, and will cut off from thee the righteous and the wicked. Seeing then I will cut off from thee the righteous and the wicked, therefore shall my sword go forth out of his sheath against all flesh from the south to the north. That all flesh may know that I the Lord have drawn forth my sword out of his sheath: it shall not return any more.”

Ezekiel 21: 9-11: “Son of man, prophesy, and say, Thus saith the Lord; Say, a sword, a sword is sharpened, and also furbished: It is sharpened to make a sore slaughter, it is furbished that it may glitter: should we then make mirth? it contemneth the rod of my son, as every tree. And he hath given it to be furbished, that it may be handled: this sword is sharpened, and it is furbished, to give it into the hand of the slayer.”

Ezekiel 21: 14-15: “Thou therefore, son of man, prophesy, and smite thine hands together, and let the sword be doubled the third time, the sword of the slain: it is the sword of the great men that are slain, which entereth into their privy chambers. I have set the point of the sword against all their gates, that their heart may faint, and their ruins be multiplied: ah! it is made bright, it is wrapped up for the slaughter.”

Ezekiel 21: 28: “The sword, the sword is drawn: for the slaughter it is furbished, to consume because of the glittering.”

Ezekiel 21: 30-32: “Shall I cause it to return into his sheath? I will judge thee in the place where thou wast created, in the land of thy nativity. And I will pour out mine indignation upon thee, I will blow against thee in the fire of my wrath, and deliver thee into the hand of brutish men, and skilful to destroy. Thou shalt be for fuel to the fire; thy blood shall be in the midst of the land; thou shalt be no more remembered: for I the Lord have spoken it.”

“I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it.”

“Therefore shall my sword go forth out of his sheath against all flesh from the south to the north.”

“A sword, a sword is sharpened, and also furbished: It is sharpened to make a sore slaughter, it is furbished that it may glitter: should we then make mirth?”

[“Furbish: to rub or scour to brightness; burnish; renovate. Syn. See polish.”  --Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary]

“Let the sword be doubled the third time, the sword of the slain: it is the sword of the great men that are slain.”

“I have set the point of the sword against all their gates.”

“The sword is drawn.”

“It is furbished, to consume because of the glittering.”

“I will blow against thee in the fire of my wrath.”

“Thou shalt be for fuel to the fire.”

“Thou shalt be no more remembered.”

“And it shall be no more.”

Looks like a lot of good, old-fashioned judgment against the wicked in Ezekiel Chapter 21. The term “sword” is repeated many times. It is a sword that glitters; it is unsheathed and furbished (polished) and ready for battle. This sword shall be used against the gates (the strategies) of the wicked in “the fire of my wrath”. Holy anger; righteous anger; Holy Ghost anger; Holy Ghost power. The wicked and the evil works of hay, straw and stubble shall be consumed in the Holy Ghost Fire of the Lord’s wrath: “thou shalt be for fuel to the fire”.

Isaiah 63: 3: “for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment.”

Isaiah 63: 6: “And I will tread down the people in mine anger, and make them drunk in my fury, and I will bring down their strength to the earth.”

“And it shall be no more.”


The Gates of Hell
Blaise Pascal
Bible Hub
A Sword

No comments:

Post a Comment